Full Stack Developer (Mid to Senior-Level)
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work and a 2018 recipient of INC Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking a developer to work on a number of our existing projects.
Candidates MUST be able to work on site at our office in Downtown Denver. No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please. We will consider FTE or FT Contract Applicants.
- Develop and maintain online products and applications.
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications.
- Test applications to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Prepare documentation for outlining logic, code, and implementation of the application.
- Adhere to Spire Digital development policies, procedures, and standards in the development and implementation of applications.
- Create release processes and release documentation for internal and client use.
- Perform site releases and site updates for clients.
- Participate as a key member of the Development Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the development team.
- Creative – Work with designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture – Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations – Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales – Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis – Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization – Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication – Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented – Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective – Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understands directives and requirements of projects.
- 3+ years of experience writing modular, reusable, and testable code in PHP
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and ORM technologies
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, MVVM, and Service Layer Architecture
- Familiarity with one or more PHP frameworks, including Laravel, Zend, YII, Symfony, etc
- Proficient understanding of Code Versioning and Agile Management tools (GIT, JIRA, etc).
- Knowledge of Joomla, Drupal, and other CMS a plus
- 3+ years experience with responsive/mobile-first development
- 1+ years experience with SCSS
- 2+ years experience JS frameworks such as Vue.js, React.js, and AngularJS
- Working knowledge of build scripts such as Gulp, Grunt, WebPack, and NPM