WordPress Developer – FTE or Contract
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking a developer to work on a number of our existing projects. Candidates MUST be able to work on-site at our office in Downtown Denver. No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please. When applying, please send your resume along with a link to your github, bitbucket, etc.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join our development team! As a WordPress Developer at Spire Digital, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems.
- Participate as a key member of the Development Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the development team.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Creative – Work with designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture – Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations – Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales – Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis – Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization – Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication – Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented – Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective – Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understands directives and requirements for projects.
- At least 2 years experience in web and application development
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Ability to perform PHP back-end development