Android Native Developer – Mid-Level
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work and a 2018 recipient of INC Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking a developer to work on a number of our existing and upcoming projects. Candidates MUST be able to work on site at our office in Downtown Denver. We will consider FTE and FT Contract. No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please.
- Develop and maintain Android mobile applications.
- Participate in the design and architecture of applications.
- Test applications to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Prepare documentation for outlining logic, code, and implementation of application.
- Adhere to Spire Digital development policies, procedures, and standards in the development and implementation of applications.
- Create release processes and release documentation for internal and client use.
- Perform site releases and site updates for clients.
- Participate as a key member of the Development Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the development team.
- Creative – Work with designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture – Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations – Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales – Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis – Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization – Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication – Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented – Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective – Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understands directives and requirements of projects.
- 3+ years experience writing modular, reusable, and testable code in Java or C++ for Android
- 2+ years experience with the modern Android development tools — Android Studio and Gradle
- Experience building rich user interfaces using Android XML layouts and the Android Studio visual designer
- Experience with common mobile application design paradigms – MVC, Client/Server
Nice to Have:
- Android application development targeting both phone and tablet form factors
- Understanding of the Android UI framework and experience building advanced custom user interface components
- Android Native application development using C++ and the Android NDK
- Native iOS application development experience
- Computer Science Degree from University