Solutions Engineer (Mid to Senior – Node Focus)
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work and a 2018 recipient of INC Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based custom software development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking a mid to senior-level solutions engineer to develop and deploy software for a cannabis-industry client.
No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please. You’ll be expected to be on-site at client’s office 4-5 days/week (some flexibility with remote days).
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced solutions engineer to join our client’s team of software engineers in Denver. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering quality, user-focused solutions along with the ability to thrive in an ever-evolving technology environment.
This person will be a key member of an agile development team, aid in a transformation effort to build out a domain model, develop micro-services, and a streamlined user experience across products.
This developer will do hands-on development, create working POCs, conduct demos, and provide mentorship to peers with less knowledge, both onsite and to offshore team. They must possess strong communication/interpersonal skills, be able to work flexible hours to coordinate with remote teams, and contribute to the success of a startup environment. Must be comfortable in a co-working space.
- Participate in and own all aspects of the development life cycle starting from design, estimation, development, devops and testing of both service and web components
- Facilitate discussions with business partners to determine needs and appropriate solutions
- Accurately support existing software solutions and web services built on a MEAN stack, hosted in AWS.
- Find new or improved ways of performing quality processes and test-driven development to support a dynamic application solution mix, using tools such Karma Testing Framework, Jasmine, Protractor, Mock Testing, Fitnesse & Selenium. Share past experience and mentor fellow team members on improving the team’s implementation and development discipline
- Ability and desire to dive into an existing codebase and grasp the functionality, design, and refactoring opportunities in the code
- SOA Architecture & REST Api development
- Good Hands on experience with the web development using MEAN stack, Docker, Node JS, Express JS & Material Design
- Message Architecture
- AWS services (SQS, Lambda, EC2, Code Deploy)
- Log Analytics using AWS Cloudwatch, elasticsearch, kibana
- Cloud services based development (AWS)
- NoSQL database experience (MongoDB)
- API Documentation (Swagger), Apiary.io (Blueprint)
- Domain Driven Design & Testing
- Security (OAuth 2.0)
- Continuous Integration and Delivery ( Jenkins, Hudson, AWS Code Deploy )
- Test Driven Development
- Good understanding of Single Page Apps (SPAs)
- Knowledge of business process management/workflows
As a Solutions Engineer you will use your skills to:
- Quickly understand difficult compliance challenges and regulatory requirements facing company’s customers and find unique and practical solutions
- Build solutions that tackle challenges in domains such as document management, automated regulatory filings, and data governance
- Apply and extend internal platform to rapidly build customer solutions
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies to bring data together, extract data from natural language, and create new, dynamic ways to interact with large amounts of data
- Manage implementation projects to ensure smooth communication with the customer and timely completion of requests for new customers
- Participate in various parts of the business by collaborating with product management, development, and sales as needed to improve and showcase company’s risk-management and compliance software
If you fit the bill and have the ability to commute to south Denver, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a conversation started!