React Web/Java Spring Full-Stack Developer
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work and a 2018 recipient of INC Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking a react web developer to work on the UI/frontend of an internal tool as part of a mid-sized team of developers, QA, and product.
No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please. You’ll be expected to commute to the office outside of Denver city limits at least 2 days per week.
- Develop and maintain online products and applications.
- Participate in the design and architecture of web applications.
- Test web applications to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Prepare documentation for outlining logic, code, and implementation of the digital product.
- Adhere to Spire Digital development policies, procedures, and standards in the development and implementation of applications.
- Create release processes and release documentation for internal and client use.
- Perform site releases and site updates for clients.
- Participate as a key member of the Development Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the development team.
- Creative – Work with designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture – Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations – Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales – Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis – Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization – Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication – Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented – Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective – Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- Understands directives and requirements of projects.
- Version Control Systems (specifically Subversion)
- ReSTful web services
- Relational Databases (specifically PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL Databases
- AWS Cloud Platform
This person should be comfortable on both back and frontend. They will be expected to be onsite for the first week and then can work remotely if desired. This person should be able to work independently – they will be taking over a small project that is just getting started and will have an experienced systems engineer to work with, but will be the only software engineer on the project initially. This person should expect to be onsite to support occasional meetings.