System Administrator / DevOps Leader
Consistently ranked as one of Denver’s Best Places to Work, Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through the use of web and mobile technologies. The firm serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and has been in business for 20 years. We’re seeking an innovative System Administrator/DevOps Leader to oversee a number of our existing projects. Candidates MUST be able to work on-site at our office in Downtown Denver. No remote applicants, no relocation is provided. No recruiters or staffing agencies please. When applying, please send your resume along with a link to your github, bitbucket, etc.
As a System Administrator / DevOps Leader, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Lead and grow Spire’s Dev/Ops practice both internally and externally
- Work with and communicate directly with Clients to define and design architecture, infrastructure, environments, processes, deployments, workflows, and tools
- Integrate with Spire Digital’s delivery teams to define and deliver highly impactful web and mobile products from inception to release
- Setup servers, instances, cloud infrastructure, CI/CD, and containers for internal and external applications
- Lead, define and document internal processes and practices concerning setting up various environments, containers, servers and infrastructure to execute digital product development processes and releases
- Define services and estimates and deliverables for Dev/Ops, SysAdmin, and/or Managed Services as Spire Services
Skills | Experience | Requirements:
- 5+ years experience as System Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or similar
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems
- 2-5 years experience in containerization and system setup automation (Docker, ansible, vagrant, chef, puppet)
- Extensive experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms, including Heroku, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Elastic Load Balancers and Route53.
- Ability to architect and perform scaling plans, load balancing, dynamic scaling implementation, and automation for handling load spikes or traffic surges.
- Experience with load testing and penetration testing
- Experience deploying web applications, databases, services and packages to servers
- Experience with supporting servers that run NODE.js, PHP, Python, HTML, SCSS, JS, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Thorough understanding of Networking, Firewalls, DNS, whitelisting and VPNs
- Experience working and communicating with Clients
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Agile/Lean development teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Microsoft Server, IIS, MSSQL
- Experience running unit testing and testing automation suites
- Email delivery troubleshooting, and best practice setup for email deliverability from web applications
- Experience with Atlassian tools
Summary of Duties | Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot applications and system interaction with Spire and Client Developers to isolate and resolve issues.
- Lead in the definition and documentation of functional and technical requirements of systems and infrastructure.
- Lead the design and documentation and architecture of systems and application interaction therein.
- Test systems to assure accuracy, integrity, and interoperability to achieve specified functionality.
- Prepare documentation for outlining process, automation, CI/CD and system setup
- Define Spire Digital infrastructure policies, procedures, and standards in the deployment and implementation of systems and applications.
- Create release processes and release documentation for client use.
- Oversee releases and updates for clients and internal teams